Professional years in the performance industry:
Primary dance style(s) and specialty skills:
My primary dance style would be Jazz! Followed by a Broadway/theatre jazz style. My special skill is that I am a singer, I have been performing in professional rock/pop bands since I was 18 years old.
Dance Background & Training:
- Diploma in Musical Theatre and Commercial Dance at Ed5 International under the direction of William Forsythe and Elena De Cinque.
- Commercial Dance training for a three-month intensive in Los Angeles, under the direction of Liana Blackburn, Jose, “Boy boi’ Tena and Dom Kelley to name a few.
- Tap training with Girls on Tap, under the direction of Sally Hare
- Dream Dance Show business Course under the direction of Marko Panzic and Katie Sanchez
- Latin Dance training at Move Dance Studios under the direction of Masha Balash and Aric Yegudkin.
Artistic Career Highlights:
- Performing at Universal Studios as their Lead Singer in the Mel’s Dinette show.
- Producing/directing/choreographing my own music videos and writing my own songs.
- Created my own ‘variety’ nights in Sydney which I called, ‘Genki Nights’. This space was where local artists had the opportunity to showcase their talents and any fresh creations they had been working on.
- To stay motivated and in love with performing and dance.
- To inspire others with my passion, to grow the next generation of performers into hardworking and respectful young professionals.
- To book a professional musical!
- To create my own show, providing more work for dancers.
If you were a fruit, what would you be and why?
A red apple… not green I repeat NOT GREEN… tough on the outside, sweet in the middle 🙂